I am an accredited international Executive Coach who specialises in coaching leaders through periods of transition and change hand in hand with developing their presence, influence and impact.
Formally a classically trained and professional actress, I have spent the last 12 years working in business initially as a communication skills coach and trainer before training to be an Executive Coach and getting more involved in leadership development.
- ILM Level 7 Certificate and Diploma in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring (Institute of Leadership and Management)
- Over 400 hours of supervised coaching since graduating
- MBTI level 1 qualification – psychometric profiling
- Transpersonal Coaching – Performance Consultants International
- Transformational Leadership and Coaching – Performance Consultants International
- Regular CPD and supervision
- Member of the EMCC and abide by their Code of Ethics
My background as an actress
I was a professional actress for 17 years and worked all over the world as well as in the West End. I originally gained a 2:1 in English/Drama from Westfield College (London University) and trained at Central School of Speech and Drama.
The skills we use as actors reflect the skills you need in business. As actors we have to find ways or techniques to emotionally engage with our material – it’s this engagement of passion that makes someone watch-able, believable and dynamic. In business we are drawn to people in the same way, people who engage us with passion and energy and who believe in what they’re saying. This is core to being a motivational and inspirational leader.
Changing your style of communication is also a key skill both in business and in acting. We are trained to be extremely sensitive to verbal and non-verbal communication – how we say what we say and how our body language reflects this. Again, these are essential skills for building relationships and trust in a business environment – it’s less about what you say than how you say it that has impact and affects change.